1. The regard that something is held to deserve; the importance, worth, or usefulness of something.
2. Principles or standards of behaviour; one's judgement of what is important in life.
3. The numerical amount denoted by an algebraic term; a magnitude, quantity, or number.
4. Estimate the monetary worth of.
5. Consider (someone or something) to be important or beneficial; have a high opinion of.
Plural noun: Values.
Verb forms: Value, Valued, Valued.
The dietary value of the potato had been discovered.