1. Attach or fasten with string or similar cord.
2. Restrict or limit (someone) to a particular situation or place.
3. Connect; link.
4. Achieve the same score or ranking as another competitor or team.
5. A piece of string, cord, or similar used for fastening or tying something.
6. A rod or beam holding parts of a structure together.
7. A thing that unites or links people.
8. A strip of material worn round the collar and tied in a knot at the front with the ends hanging down, typically forming part of a man's smart or formal outfit.
9. A result in a game or other competitive situation in which two or more competitors or teams have the same score or ranking; a draw.
10. A sports match between two or more players or teams in which the winners proceed to the next round of the competition.
Plural Noun: Ties
Verb form: Tie, Tied, Tied
Tie the belt around your waist.