Hindi: वह, यह
1. denoting one or more people or things already mentioned or assumed to be common knowledge
- used to refer to a person, place, or thing that is unique
- denoting a disease or affliction.
- (with a unit of time) the present; the current.
- used instead of a possessive to refer to someone with whom the speaker or person addressed is associated.
- used with a surname to refer to a family or married couple.
- used before the surname of the chief of a Scottish or Irish clan.
- (chiefly with rulers and family members with the same name) used after a name to qualify it.
- used with a singular noun to indicate that it represents a whole species or class\
- used with the name of a unit to state a rate.
- used with an adjective to refer to those people who are of the type described.
- used with an adjective to refer to something of the class or quality described.
4. enough of (a particular thing)
5. (pronounced stressing ‘the’) used to indicate that someone or something is the best known or most important of that name or type.
1. I am meeting the boss.
2. The King.
3. The street in front of your house.
4. Gursharan Singh will get the results if he works hard.
5. The Titanic.