1. used to identify a specific person or thing observed or heard by the speaker.
- referring to the more distant of two things near to the speaker (the other, if specified, being identified by ‘this’).
3. introducing a subordinate clause expressing a statement or hypothesis.
4. expressing a wish or regret.
5. used to identify a specific person or thing observed or heard by the speaker.
6. referring to a specific person or thing assumed as understood or familiar to the person being addressed.
7. to such a degree; so
- used with a gesture to indicate size.
This is stronger than that.
That's a good idea.
Poonam said that she was satisfied.
Suraj lived in Nawanshahr at that time.
I wouldn't go that far.