1. Lay hold of (something) with one's hands; reach for and hold.
2. Remove (someone or something) from a particular place.
3. Carry or bring with one; convey.
4. Accept or receive (someone or something).
5. Consume as food, drink, medicine, or drugs.
6. Make, undertake, or perform (an action or task).
7. Require or use up (a specified amount of time).
8. (Of a plant or seed) take root or begin to grow; germinate.
9. Have or require as part of the appropriate construction.
10. A scene or sequence of sound or vision photographed or recorded continuously at one time.
11. An amount of something gained or acquired from one source or in one session.
12. An amount of copy set up at one time or by one compositor.
Plural Noun: Takes
Verb form: Take, Took, Taken
Ravinder and Jatinder take classes of swimming.