1. A piece of thin wire with two short right-angled end pieces which are driven by a stapler through sheets of paper to fasten them together.
2. Attach or secure with a staple or staples.
3. A main or important element of something.
4. The fibre of cotton or wool considered with regard to its length and degree of fineness.
5. Main or important, especially in terms of consumption.
Plural noun: Staples.
Verb forms: Staple, Stapled, Stapled.
1. The staple foods of the poor.
2. Irish population had become dependent on the potato as its primary staple.