Synonyms: Origin, root, start, cause; author, birthplace, starting point, proveniance
Antonyms: End, destination, effect, termination
1. a place, person, or thing from which something originates or can be obtained.
- a spring or fountain head from which a river or stream issues.
- a person who provides information.
- a book or document used to provide evidence in research.
- a part of a field-effect transistor from which carriers flow into the inter-electrode channel.
Plural noun: Sources
Solar energy is the new source of energy.