1. A feeling of deep admiration for someone or something elicited by their abilities, qualities, or achievements.
2. Due regard for the feelings, wishes, or rights of others.
3. A particular aspect, point, or detail.
4. Admire (someone or something) deeply, as a result of their abilities, qualities, or achievements.
5. Have due regard for (someone's feelings, wishes, or rights).
Plural noun: Respects.
Verb forms: Respect, Respected, Respected.
His first chance in over fifteen years to regain respect in the business.