1. A living organism of the kind exemplified by trees, shrubs, herbs, grasses, ferns, and mosses, typically growing in a permanent site, absorbing water and inorganic substances through its roots, and synthesizing nutrients in its leaves by photosynthesis using the green pigment chlorophyll.
2. A place where an industrial or manufacturing process takes place.
3. A person placed in a group as a spy or informer.
4. A shot in which the cue ball is made to strike one of two touching or nearly touching balls with the result that the second is potted.
5. Put (a seed, bulb, or plant) in the ground so that it can grow.
6. Set or place in a particular position.
Plural Noun: Plants
Verb form: Plant, Planted, Planted
Poonam has a Basil plant at his home.