1. expressing the relationship between a part and a whole.
- with the word denoting the part functioning as the head of the phrase.
- after a number, quantifier, or partitive noun, with the word denoting the whole functioning as the head of the phrase.
- expressing an age.
- expressing the relationship between an author, artist, or composer and their works collectively.
- where the second noun denotes the object of the underlying verb.
- where the head of the phrase is a predicative adjective.
6. expressing the relationship between a general category or type and the thing being specified which belongs to such a category.
7. indicating the relationship between a verb and an indirect object.
- with a verb expressing a mental state.
- expressing a cause.
1. Eight of the children came to the show.
2. A girl of 20.
3. An increase of 10%.
4. The suggestion of a teacher.
5. He died of cancer.