1. An arithmetical value, expressed by a word, symbol, or figure, representing a particular quantity and used in counting and making calculations.
2. A quantity or amount.
3. A single issue of a magazine.
4. A grammatical classification of words that consists typically of singular and plural, and, in Greek and certain other languages, dual.
5. Amount to (a specified figure or quantity); comprise.
6. Mark with a number or assign a number to, typically to indicate a position in a series.
7. Include or classify as a member of a group.
Plural Noun: Numbers
Verb forms: Number, Numbered, Numbered
A large number of people were standing in a queue.