1. Relating to the present or recent times as opposed to the remote past.
2. Characterized by or using the most up-to-date techniques, ideas, or equipment.
3. Denoting the form of a language that is currently used, as opposed to any earlier form.
4. Denoting a current or recent style or trend in art, architecture, or other cultural activity marked by a significant departure from traditional styles and values.
5. A person who advocates or practises a departure from traditional styles or values.
Plural Noun: Moderns
Neelam's house is designed in a modern way.