1. Relating or restricted to a particular area or one's neighbourhood.
2. (In technical use) relating to a particular region or part, or to each of any number of these.
3. A local person or thing, in particular:
4. An inhabitant of a particular area or neighbourhood.
5. A floor trader who trades on their own account, rather than on behalf of other investors.
6. A local branch of an organization, especially a trade union.
7. A pub convenient to a person's home.
8. A local train or bus service.
Plural Noun: Locals
There is a local furniture store in my town.