1. Expressing movement or action with the result that someone or something becomes enclosed or surrounded by something else.
2. Expressing movement or action with the result that someone or something makes physical contact with something else.
3. Indicating a route by which someone or something may arrive at a particular destination.
4. Indicating the direction towards which someone or something is turned when confronting something else.
5. Indicating an object of attention or interest.
6. Expressing a change of state.
7. Expressing the result of an action.
8. Expressing division.
The tiger jumped into the river.