Synonyms: Sway, persuade, control, authority, move, effect, affect
Antonyms: Weakness, halt, deter
1. the capacity to have an effect on the character, development, or behavior of someone or something, or the effect itself.
- the power to shape policy or ensure favorable treatment from someone, especially through status, contacts, or wealth.
- a person or thing with the capacity to have an influence on someone or something.
- have an influence on.
Verb forms: Influence, Influenced, Influenced.
1. The influence of television violence.
2. Feminist ideas have influenced the law-makers