Synonyms: Provided, in case, supposing, though, whether, assuming, albeit
Hindi: अगर, यदि
1. Introducing a conditional clause:
a) On the condition or supposition that; in the event that.
b) (With past tense) introducing a hypothetical situation.
c) Whenever; every time.
2. Despite the possibility that; no matter whether.
3. (Often used in indirect questions) whether.
4. Expressing a polite request.
5. Expressing surprise or regret.
6. A condition or supposition.
Plural noun: Ifs
If you work hard, you will definitely succeed.