1. Freely transfer the possession of (something) to (someone).
2. Cause or allow (someone or something) to have or experience (something); provide with.
3. Carry out or perform (a specified action).
4. Yield as a product or result.
5. Concede (something) as valid or deserved in respect of (someone).
6. State or put forward (information or argument).
7. Alter in shape under pressure rather than resist or break.
8. Capacity to bend or alter in shape under pressure.
Plural noun: Gives.
Verb forms: Give, Gave, Given.
Students give gifts to the teachers on Teacher's day.