1. The action or fact of dying or being killed; the end of the life of a person or organism.
2. The state of being dead.
3. The permanent ending of vital processes in a cell or tissue.
4. The personification of the power that destroys life, often represented in art and literature as a skeleton or an old man holding a scythe.
5. The destruction or permanent end of something.
6. A damaging or destructive state of affairs.
Plural Noun: deaths
The sudden death of Kiran came as a shock to her parents.