Controlling is a gerund or present participle of a word "Control."
Control- 1. Determine the behaviour or supervise the running of.
2. Maintain influence or authority over.
3. Limit the level, intensity, or numbers of.
4. Remain calm and reasonable despite provocation.
5. Regulate (a mechanical or scientific process).
6. (Of a drug) restricted by law in respect of use and possession.
7. Take into account (an extraneous factor that might affect the results of an experiment).
Pankaj is controlling his temper.