1. A thing used to tie something or to fasten things together.
2. An agreement with legal force, in particular:
3. A strong force of attraction holding atoms together in a molecule or crystal, resulting from the sharing or transfer of electrons.
4. Join or be joined securely to something else, especially by means of an adhesive substance, heat, or pressure.
5. Join or be joined by a chemical bond.
Plural noun: Bonds.
Verb forms: Bond, Bonded, Bonded.
1. Neutral molecules bond to the central atom.
2. There was a bond of understanding between them.