1. The rear surface of the human body from the shoulders to the hips.
2. The side or part of something that is away from the spectator or from the direction in which it moves or faces; the rear.
3. In the opposite direction from the one that one is facing or traveling towards.
4. Give financial, material, or moral support to.
5. Cover the back of (an article) in order to support, protect, or decorate it.
6. Of or at the back of something.
7. Walk or drive backward.
Plural noun: Backs.
Verb forms: Back, Backed, Backed.
1. He lay on his back.
2. He leaned back in his chair.
3. She tried to back away.