1. The solid surface of the earth.
2. An area of land or sea used for a specified purpose.
3. An area of knowledge or subject of discussion or thought.
4. Factors forming a basis for action or the justification for a belief.
5. Solid particles, especially of coffee, which form a residue; sediment.
6. Prohibit or prevent (a pilot or an aircraft) from flying.
7. (With reference to a ship) run or go aground.
8. Give (something abstract) a firm theoretical or practical basis.
9. Place (something) on the ground or touch the ground with (something).
10. (Of an animal) living on or in the ground.
11. (In aviation) relating to the ground rather than the air (with particular reference to the maintenance and servicing of aircraft.
Plural Noun: Grounds
Verb form: Ground, Grounded, Grounded
Kirti fell to the ground.